søndag den 16. marts 2008

Making a Real Time Strategy game

I am currently making an RTS from scratch using visual C# 2005 and XNA GSE 2.0. I will be sharing some of the experience I get while working on this project, so if you are interested in RTS development, you should check out this blog. Here is a list of things that will be talking about in my blog, but don’t be surprised if other things pop out.

  • Advanced world editor
  • Binary level format
  • Terrain rendering
  • Terrain culling
  • 3D modelling
  • Unit AI
  • Dynamic 3D Path finding
  • Networking (using System.Net)

This is not an “RTS ONLY” blog, so you might see other XNA related stuff as well. If you are new to XNA and C#, I can recommend Riemers XNA tutorials, XNA creators club (They have great code samples) and Ziggyware (for the latest XNA news)

Ingen kommentarer: